The University of Minnesota hosts two major book events focused on authors of children’s literature. The first is Book Week which is held in the fall and the other is the Naomi Chase Lecture which is held in the spring. You’ll find details of those events here as well as other Twin Cities events related to children’s literature. If you know of one, let us know and we’ll list it here as well.
- Naomi C. Chase Lecture 2018: Meet Kevin Henkes (1/14/2018) - This event is free and open to the public. However, seats are limited and reservations are required. RSVP at https://chase2018.eventbrite.com. Continue reading
- Book Week 2017: An evening with Thanhha Lai (11/1/2017) - by Nick Kleese The trees held onto their leaves for one final week this year, all so that attendees’ journeys to the 2017 Book Week event with Thanhha Lai could be quintessentially autumn. In fact, Lai would go on to acknowledge this picturesque weather in her lecture. “It’s not cold enough,” she joked. The crowd … Continue reading
- Naomi C. Chase Lecture 2017: Meet Author & Illustrator Melissa Sweet (1/2/2017) - Author and Illustrator Melissa Sweet delivered the 2017 Naomi C. Chase lecture on Wednesday, April 12, 2017. Melissa has illustrated many award-winning books, including two Caldecott Honor books: A River of Words: The Story of William Carlos Williams and The Right Word: Peter Mark Roget and His Thesaurus, both by Jen Bryant. She wrote and illustrated … Continue reading
- Get Ready to Meet Peter Brown (2/10/2016) - Peter Brown, acclaimed author and illustrator, will be at the University on March 30, 2016 to speak at the Naomi C. Chase Lecture. His talk, entitled “Writing with Pictures,” will explore his process as both an author and illustrator. Don’t miss it! Get to know Peter Brown through his books. Here are a few of … Continue reading
- Book Week: October 19, 2015 featuring Pam Munoz Ryan (9/19/2015) - Are you ready to rediscover your sense of wonder? Curious to experience a world from before enchantment was eclipsed by doubt? Join us for an evening with a master storyteller to let your imagination soar. The author of over forty books for young readers, including Esperanza Rising, Becoming Naomi León, The Dreamer, and most recently … Continue reading